Dates & Guidelines
The following dates and guidelines are approved for the 2018–2019 school year.
- Monday, November 5
- Jamboree date allowance: Monday, November 5 through date of first game
One jamboree allowed per school; maximum of two 8-minute quarters
- First game: Friday, November 16
- Playing dates: 21 games (12 for junior high)
- Scrimmages: 3
- QuikStats reporting dates: QuikStats will be checked every Tuesday during regular season
- Regional Tournaments:
Class 1A: February 7, 12, 15, 18
Class 2A: February 9, 12, 15, 18
Class 3A: February 9, 13, 16
Class 4A and 5A: February 13, 16, 19
- State Tournament: February 25–March 2 at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines
- Official tournament ball: Spalding TF1000 Legacy (Women’s)
Individual and Team Participation Limitations
Each individual player has a 21-game season limitation. A student who plays in 0–2 quarters in a day is not charged with a game. A student who plays in 3-6 quarters in a day is charged with one game against this limitation. A student who plays in 7–8 quarters in a day is charged with two games against this limitation.
Junior high students have a 12-game season limitation. Junior high students may play in no more than six quarters a day. Participation in 1–6 quarters in a day constitutes participation in a game, and junior high students are limited to one game per day on a school day. No junior high jamborees or tournaments are permitted. A junior high team is allowed to play in two games on a non-school day. The player limit is eight quarters for that day.
Schools may participate in up to two games on a non-school day. No junior varsity teams are allowed in varsity tournaments.
Academic eligibility resumes as 12:01 a.m. on December 16.