The 2019 volleyball season starts with first practices on August 12 and first matches taking place on August 26. Iowa has five classes of girls volleyball, with the largest 40 schools competing in 5A, the next 48 competing in 4A, the next 64 competing in 3A, the next 80 in 2A and the remaining schools in 1A. The Iowa Girls High School State Tournament takes place for all classes November 12-15 at the U.S. Cellular Center in Cedar Rapids. Regional competitions take place as follows:
- Class 1A: October 22, 28, 31, Nov. 5
- Class 2A: October 22, 28, 31, Nov. 5
- Class 3A: October 23, 29, Nov. 4
- Class 4A: October 23, 29, Nov. 4
- Class 5A: October 23, 39, Nov. 4
The official tournament ball is the Spalding TF-VB5.
For questions about volleyball, please contact Lisa Brinkmeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.