Dates & Guidelines
The following dates and guidelines are approved for the 2020-21 school year.
- First practice: Monday, August 10
- First game: Monday, August 24
- Playing dates: 14 (9 for junior high)
- Scrimmages: 3
- Regional tournament dates:
Class 1A, 2A, October 19, 21, 26, 28
Class 3A: October 19, 21, 27
- 4A and 5A: October 20, 22, 27
- State tournament: November 2-5 all classes in Cedar Rapids at U.S. Cellular Center
- Official tournament ball: Spalding TF-VB5
- QuikStats: QuikStats will be checked every Tuesday during the regular season
Individual and Team Limitations
Teams may play 14 dates at each level of play (9th grade, junior varsity, varsity). No junior varsity teams are allowed in varsity tournaments. No jamborees allowed. A maximum of six matches per team per day. The maximum number of teams in a tournament is four per court (exception is conference tournaments). Junior high volleyball tournaments are legal. Players are limited to six matches per day.
Academic eligibility resumes at 12:01 a.m. on September 23.