Things You Should Know About Pork
Eating 20 – 30 grams of protein per meal helps fuel your body and may help you feel fuller. That being said, every 3 ounces of pork is packed full of 22 – 24 grams of protein depending on the cut. Eight cuts of pork meet the USDA guidelines for lean protein. The variety of cuts make pork versatile and creates many meal options to support an active lifestyle.
Important Key Nutrients (% Daily Value in 3-Ounce Pork Serving)
- 54% thiamin – helps our bodies convert nutrients into energy;
- 11% potassium – also known as an electrolyte, helps maintain water balance and normal blood pressure;
- 37% vitamin B6 – regulates stored glycogen (carbohydrates) which are used during physical activity;
- 6% magnesium – aids in muscle action;
- 5% iron – aids in growth and development, and carries oxygen in red blood cells;
- 20% phosphorus – helps strengthen bones and generate energy in cells;
- 14% zinc – helps maintain the immune system and energy metabolism;
Different Cuts & How to Cook Them
Pork Chops are one of the most popular cuts of pork. The thicker the chop the juicier it will be! The most common ways people cook them is grilling, sautéing, and now air-frying.
Pork tenderloin is one of the leaner cuts of meat. You might be surprised to learn that pork tenderloin is as lean as boneless, skinless chicken breast. Simple seasoning and roasting, grilling, or sautéing pork tenderloin makes a yummy meal.
This Italian Stuffed Pork Chop was cooked in an air fryer. Get the recipe.
Pulled pork can be one of the most hassle-free cuts if you let your instant pot or slow cooker do the work. Pulled pork is great for feeding a large crowd and the leftovers can be added to almost any recipe.Ground pork is affordable, extremely versatile, and soaks up a lot of flavor! Whether it is grilled or sautéed, it can be a great juicy burger or a flavor-packed stir-fry.
Make sure and have a meat thermometer handy. Pork muscle cuts should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F no matter what cooking technique you use!