What an exciting time of the year with the start of girl’s basketball and the approaching season!! Hopefully the first week has gone well for all. The following information will hopefully remind or inform the coaches and athletic administrators of some of the important details related to the upcoming girl’s basketball season.
- The 2017-2018 regional girl’s basketball manual has been posted on the IGHSAU website. Click here to view.
- The 2017-2018 state girl’s basketball schedule has been posted on the IGHSAU website and can be viewed by clicking here. Please note that the schedule of state tournament games has changed this year. Class 5A will start the tournament off on Monday, February 26 at 10:00 am followed by 4A, then 3A, then 2A, and finally Class 1A. The 5A and 4A championship games will take place on Friday, March 2 with the 3A, 2A, and 1A championship games taking place on Saturday, March 3, 2018.
- Be sure the head girl’s basketball coach has viewed the basketball rules meeting by the first competition. Click here to view the rules meeting.
- Girl’s basketball scoresheets will not be mailed out this year. You have two options for basketball scoresheets – you can either download by clicking here OR you can request the IGHSAU to mail you 100 scoresheets at a cost of $5.00. Please contact Monte Wilson if you would like to purchase the scoresheets (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please enter rosters and schedules into Quikstats. A reminder that Quikstats must be updated weekly by noon on Tuesday throughout the season – 1st check is on Tuesday, November 28, 2017.
- Coaches, please complete the 2017-18 Prospectus and return to Jason Eslinger at email@example.com. Please complete by November 16.
- The pre-season rankings for all five classes will be posted this Friday, November 17.
- The preliminary classification for girls basketball has been posted on the IGHSAU website. Please double-check and let me know if there are any changes (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday, November 16. We will post the Final Classification by this Friday, November 17-especially note if you have entered into a Cooperative Sharing Agreement.
- If you have a Foreign Exchange Student who is planning on participating in basketball, be sure to complete the Foreign Exchange Student Application Form. Please submit this form to Gary Ross at email@example.com ASAP if you have not already done so.
- Chuck Brittain is serving as the IGHSAU Coordinator of Officials. Chuck has arranged for evaluators throughout the state to observe, give feedback to officials, and provide information to assist Chuck in the assignment of the post-season officials. If you need to contact Chuck related to officials or basketball rules, please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your school is interested in hosting post-season games, please remember to submit your request to host on the IGHSAU website – go to the Administrators tab – go to online forms. Please be accurate on requested info.
- A reminder that you are allowed one jamboree at the varsity level prior to your first game and three three additional scrimmages during the season. If you have been approved to play in a Iowa Hall of Pride Challenge Scrimmage, that would count as one of your three scrimmages.
- Please make sure each student is eligible to participate – scholarship rule check, physicals, concussion forms. If you have a new student in your school, be sure you have completed the Transfer Eligibility Checklist.
If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com
. Have a great season!!
Gary Ross, Associate Director/ Basketball Administrator