The 2022 volleyball season starts with first practices on August 8 and first matches taking place on August 22. Iowa has five classes of girls volleyball, with the largest 40 schools competing in 5A, the next 48 competing in 4A, the next 64 competing in 3A, the next 80 in 2A and the remaining schools in 1A. The Iowa Girls High School State Tournament takes place for all classes October 31-November 3 at Xtream Arena in Coralville. Regional competitions take place as follows:
- Class 1A: October 17, 19, 24 , 26
- Class 2A: October 17, 19, 24, 26
- Class 3A: October 17, 19, 25
- Class 4A: October 18, 20, 25
- Class 5A: October 18, 20, 25
The official tournament ball is the Spalding TF-VB5.
For questions about volleyball, please contact Ben Van Wyk at [email protected].